Field House Rentals
The Irving Oil Field House can be rented and used by all members of the community. Check out our rental fee guide to see how we can best accommodate your group.
- All prices are plus tax.
- Rentals are on the hour for the hour.
- Bookings will be done manually to ensure fair availability.
- Requests must be submitted at least 7 days in advance.
- Requests are processed on first come, first serve basis.
- Proof of insurance is required.
- Payment is accepted at the time of booking, unless a pre-authorized payment option is approved by Irving Oil Field House management.
- Online Booking Coming Soon!
- All inquiries should be directed to FieldHouse@SaintJohnY.ca
Prime Season (effective September 1, 2020 – May 1, 2021)
|Rental Unit||Prime Time||Non-Prime Time||Daily Rate (8 hrs)|
|Track & Field 1||$260||$150||$1,130|
|Half Multi-Purpose Room||$50||$50||N/A|
About Our Rental Spaces
The 200-meter, 6-lane Ellis-MacMackin Track features a long jump pit, high jump, shot put, and pole vault.
The track is available for use through Y Membership, Track Pass, or third-party rental.
Recently hosted the Atlantic University Subway Track & Field Competition, NB Indoor & University Invitational, and Saint John Open.
- Run in one direction: keep to the right / run counterclockwise
- Inside lanes (fast), outer lanes (slow)
- Walking, jogging, or running permitted
- Indoor footwear or track running shoes with spikes are permitted — spiked shoes limited to 1/8 or pyramid spikes
- Strollers, walking aids, wheelchairs, and other personal assistance devices are welcome and must be free of dirt and debris
Our portable badminton and pickleball courts all us to offer recreational badminton or pickleball for Members and third-party rentals.
The facility is the only one in our region that showcases two indoor turf fields that are each 92 x 172 feet with 8 team change rooms
Field 1, our main field, is has netting around the full perimeter with a center divider
Field 2 has a manual curtain along the side of the field to keep balls contained within the space
Both Fields can be rented in a full- or half-field combination
The turf for both fields can be removed to reveal either a concrete surface or the track surface to accommodate a wide variety of events and/or sports
The turf is suitable for a wide variety of sports such as soccer, lawn bowling, football, rugby, ultimate Frisbee, softball or baseball land training, cheerleading, ball hockey, lacrosse, field hockey etc.
The fields are available for use by way of rentals
Y members from time to time will enjoy some open field time demanding on the season and rental demand
- Food and beverage, other than water in non-glass containers, are not permitted (no gum, nuts, seeds, shells, or candy)
- Clean indoor footwear is permitted on the turf playing areas. Indoor soccer shoes or plastic moulded cleats will be permitted. No metal or screw-in cleats are allowed.
Our clean, comfortable, and bright community rooms are the perfect place to host a meeting, workshop, birthday party and much more.
The community rooms can be rented as two separate rooms measuring 29x 34 feet or combined for one large room measuring 29 x 68 feet with 10.5-foot ceilings — a central dividing wall can be put in place as needed
The full room can accommodate up to 159 people depending on the set-up and event needs
These rooms have a perfect view of the track and field area through the large windows make the room bright and comfortable
Climate control heating makes the rooms comfortable on the hot and cold days of the year
Rooms have access to sound through connections to your electronic devices
Tables and chairs are available on-site
Off-site catering is welcome and liquor licensing permitted on case-by-case bases through the manager
The After School program rooms are unavailable for rentals at this time
Coming soon — the community kitchen is currently unavailable for rent
The 1.9-kilometre outdoor walking trail is open to the community to enjoy
The trail features a lookout point, small walking bridge, and places to relax with a small water retention pond resting along the facility