Level 3 Changes at the YMCA of Greater Saint John
In response to the Government of New Brunswick announcement that the province will be moving into Level 3 of the COVID-19 Winter Plan as of Friday, Jan. 14 at 11:59 PM, the following changes will be implemented at the YMCA of Greater Saint John:
- Health, Membership, Recreation | Both the Saint John Regional Y and the Irving Oil Field House will be required to close as per Government protocols. All memberships and payments will be placed on hold.
- Irving Oil Field House | The Field House will also require to be closed to all rental groups in the Level 3 phase. Other than the child care wing, the Irving Oil Field House will be closed to the public.
- Child Care | Child Care is an essential service and will remain open in the Level 3 phase. If parents decide to keep children home they will still be required to pay to hold their spot.
- After School Program | Will continue to operate as it has been during Level 2 with online learning for local schools.
- Newcomer Connections | Settlement Services are still available by appointment only and LINC services will continue to operate as usual (a combination of in-person and online). For details on Newcomer Connections, contact email@example.com or call +1-506-634-4860. All Employment Liaisons will be available for online meetings. For employment services and appointments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Memberships Automatically Put On Hold
All active memberships will be placed on hold effective Friday, Jan. 14 at 12:00 AM. This means no membership funds will be removed from the member’s account during this time. All memberships will be taken off hold once the move to Level 2 is announced and we are able to re-open our facilities.
Members will be able to donate their membership fees to Strong Communities if they request by emailing email@example.com.
Work Out at Home with Y@HOME+
All members will continue to have access to Y@HOME+, which provides live fitness and on-demand workouts from the comfort of your home. If you have not already done so, please visit our website to register for exclusive access.
We thank you for your commitment to the YMCA and ask that you continue to follow our e-mail communications, website, app, and social media pages to stay up to date on the latest developments.